Qualifications For Non-Brokers To Become An Accredited Mortgage Professional
- Membership: be employed by a Mortgage Professionals Canada member company - Not yet a member
- Proficiency Education: must show proof of completion of a proficiency course equivalent to entry-level mortgage education. For a list of courses - click here.
- Experience: must have two year's recent, relevant mortgage industry experience.
- Note: If mortgage origination (i.e. taking a mortgage application from clients, assessing prospective borrowers, placing loans with lenders) is a main function of your role, you must qualify under the Broker stream.
- Reference Letters: provide two letters of recommendation; one from an employer; at least one letter must be from a current AMP
- National Competency Exam: successfully complete an in-person National Competency Exam, administered by the University of British Columbia, Sauder School of Business; achieving a minimum grade of 70%.
For questions, please contact amp@MortgageProsCan.ca